Why Do More People Choose Plumber of Tucson Services?
–Trusted and preferred by insurance companies in AZ.
–We Follow Procedural Standards– You’ll know you’re working with an expert
–Rapid Response– Providing Expert Water Damage and Mold Cleanup
–Certified & Licensed– Qualified to handle any project
–Insured and Bonded– Providing you with 3rd party protection.
–We have your best interest at heart– Taking care of you and your home.
Mold Inspector in Tucson, AZ
If you believe you have mold growth in your home but can’t see it, a mold inspection is the first step in confirming your suspicion.
You do not need a mold inspection if you can visibly see fungi growth in your home. When you see fungal growth, that means you’ll need Mold Remediation and Restoration, which is different from testing or inspecting. Remediation and restoration is the process of mold cleaning & mold removal.
If you are looking for a free mold inspection in Tucson, we do provide a complimentary visit to your property. However, an inspection will typically require the use of tools and specialized equipment to pinpoint and uncover hidden or concealed mold.
With mold, it’s not about what you see, it’s about what you don’t see. Microbial growth thrives in dark, damp areas. When a wall gets wet, it can create a perfect environment for molds to grow inside the pockets of the wall.
What does a Mold Inspection in Tucson cost?
That depends on which inspection you need. There are two types of mold inspections.
- A visible inspection– which consists of a mold inspector arriving to your property and visibly looking for signs of mold growth.
- Mold inspection & testing – Which consists of an inspector not only visibly searching for signs of growth, but also using specialized equipment to find concealed mold.
Mold inspections will range from $49.00 to $219.00 for the average mold inspection.
The most thorough way to inspect for fungi growth in your home is to have mold testing completed which may incur some extra costs.
What does Mold Testing cost?
There are many mold testing companies in Tucson, and most of them charge between $450.00 to $700.00 depending on the scope of your request.
Does homeowners insurance cover Mold Cleanup?
It depends on your insurance policy. Most policies exclude mold cleanup coverages. However, some policies do include coverages up to a certain amount. Check your policy or call your insurance agent or broker for confirmation.
What does Mold Remediation/Restoration Cost?
Mold removal costs in Tucson are typically provided after you have had a professional evaluate the extent of water damage and growth. The average mold cleanup in Tucson is $1500 to $3,000 depending on the scope of work necessary.
What are the Arizona landlord tenant laws regarding mold?
This question is best answered by visiting the Arizona Department of Housing website.
You can download the AZ Residential Landlord and Tenant Act on their website.
Are there any Arizona mold remediation laws?
There are very few mold remediation regulations in AZ. Currently, the AZ Registrar of Contractors (ROC) doesn’t govern mold cleanup. However, any reconstruction or rebuilding that is associated with mold remediation projects, is governed by the Arizona Registrar of Contractors, when the rebuilding costs exceed $1,000.00.
Certified mold remediators will follow a procedural standard set by the ANSI/IICRC S520 Standard and IICRC R520 Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation
If you would like more information regarding mold regulations or requirements, you can visit these sites here:
There are 5 major principles of mold remediation:
- Safety & Health Precautions taken before work starts using a combination of practices and controls.
- Control of mold before it spreads further– Containing work areas is important so mold spores do not spread into clean, unaffected areas.
- Overseeing the proper physical removal of the mold– Mold must be physically removed. Even in a dead state, mold is still an allergenic and an irritant. Bleach is not adequate for killing mold.
- Ensure moisture is controlled limiting future contamination
- Post-Cleanup Assessment by an independent environmental expert– to ensure the work is done properly.
These principles were created by the IICRC and can be viewed here: http://www.iicrc.org/consumers/care/mold-remediation/